Monday, August 29, 2016

Present Time & Lemon Chicken Marinade

I made a nice, healthy dinner for our family tonight and was really looking forward to sitting down to enjoy it together.  But when I called them in to eat, I was having trouble focusing on what we were doing... being present.  I was thinking about cleaning up the dishes and everything else I had to do tonight.  Determined to relax and be in the moment with them, I put a drop of this in my hand, rubbed my hands together and cupped them over my mouth and nose to breathe deeply.  I took a minute to pray that I would value them over my to-do list.  And it worked!  I felt so peaceful and was able to let go and make the most of the little bit of time the four of us have together on a Monday night.

Also... I made a marinade for the chicken and ended up using it as a dressing on the salad, too.  OH MY WORD. So good.  Enjoy!



LEMON CHICKEN MARINADE

1/3 cup Olive Oil
1/3 cup White Wine Vinegar
4 drops YL Lemon Vitality Oil
1 teaspoon Coconut Sugar
1 teaspoon Thyme
1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
1/2 teaspoon Ground Tumeric
1/2 teaspoon Salt (more to season chicken)
1/4 teaspoon Pepper (more to season chicken)
Dash Smoked Paprika

I poured all but a few tablespoons of the marinade into an oven safe pan and let the chicken thighs and breasts cook in that on the stove so the chicken would brown a bit,  Then, I threw it in the oven to finish.  I tossed the rest of the marinade in a simple salad and served both with a scoop of herbed whole-wheat couscous with toasted almonds.  It was a huge hit!  Easy, affordable, wholesome and super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment